- Toyota Motor(TM) said growth in vehicle sales will slow to 6% this fiscal year, held back by smaller increases in the US and Asia.
- The increase in price of gold and silver cannot be maintained, citing an interview with Heraeus Holding GmbH CEO Helmut Eschwey. Heraeus Holding is a closely held German processor of precious metals.
- Baidu.com(BIDU) launched an online encyclopedia similar to Wikipedia in China that omits information censored by the government.
San Francisco Chronicle:
- California’s record $11.3 billion take in personal income taxes was aided by Google Inc.(GOOG) as employees profited from its share growth.
- France has rejected military action to stop Iran’s nuclear program, citing Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin.
Late Buy/Sell Recommendations
- None of note
Asian Indices are -.25% to +.25% on average.
S&P 500 indicated -.05%.
NASDAQ 100 indicated +.03%.
US AM Market Call
NASDAQ 100 Pre-Market Indicator/Heat Map
Before the Bell CNBC Video(bottom right)
Top 20 Business Stories
Daily Stock Events
Rasmussen Consumer/Investor Daily Indices
CNBC Guest Schedule
- None of note
8:30 am EST
- Advance Retail Sales for April are estimated to rise .8% versus a .6% increase in March.
- Retail Sales Less Autos for April are estimated to rise .9% versus a .4% increase in March.
- Initial Jobless Claims for last week are estimated to fall to 315K versus 322K the prior week.
- Continuing Claims are estimated to fall to 2450K versus 2462K prior.
10:00 am EST
- Business Inventories for March are estimated to rise .5% versus unchanged in February.
10:30 am EST
- Bloomberg consensus estimates call for a weekly natural gas build of 79 bcf versus a 53 bcf build the prior week.
BOTTOM LINE: Asian indices are mostly lower, weighed down by exporting stocks in the region. I expect US equities to open modestly lower and to trade modestly higher into the afternoon, finishing mixed.