How long has it been since a great new Web 2.0 service was launched - or bought for a crazy amount of money? Has innovation come to a grinding halt?
Anyway, innovation is still happening. Here are some (getting them to work isn't always easy):
- Mjoy. Free SMS to any fixed or wireless phone. Ads will appear on the mobile portal, not in any message.
- Dial2Do. Launched in April 2008 in the U.S. and comes to 18 more countries Thursday. Sign up, dial a 'local' number and speak. Dial2do will translate your message into an email, a Twitter message, an SMS, and more.
- Gmail voice and video chat. Goes without comment.
- YouMail. Personalised voicemail greetings, and more.
- Yotify. A little like Google (GOOG) alerts. Create targeted 'scouts' that'll send you hourly/daily email updates from specific sites.