David S. Products parses Tuesday night’s Damn, The Staff Are Probably Crooks statement by SEC chairman Christopher Cox.
- We bleeped up. And that was not a bleep.
- It wasn’t my fault.
- The stable door is now secure.
- The neighborhood wolves did, however, enjoy the horses.
- Just in case the wolves missed one, we are holding daily all-hands emergency meetings, as urgent as they are futile.
- The stable doors will remain bolted, despite the absence of horses.
- The innocent will be swiftly brought to justice (along the lines of our well thought-through and highly effective ad hoc short-selling bans).
- For further information, please see our helpful page on Ponzi schemes.