Standard & Poor's recently announced the companies that will comprise the Dividend Aristocrats for 2009. The S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats are companies in the S&P 500 index that have followed a policy of consistently increasing dividends every year for at least 25 consecutive years. The 2009 Aristocrats total 52 companies for 2009 versus 60 companies for the 2008 Aristocrats.
The list of 2009 Aristocrats is detailed below:
The new companies added to the Aristocrats list are:
The companies that have been eliminated from the Aristocrat group are primarily centered in the financial sector. The companies eliminated are:
- Anhauser Busch (NYSE:BUD)-acquired
- Bank of America (NYSE:BAC)
- Comerica (NYSE:CMA)
- Fifth Third Bancorp (NASDAQ:FITB)
- KeyCorp (NYSE:KEY)
- Nucor Corp. (NYSE:NUE)
- Progressive Corp. (NYSE:PGR)
- Regions Financial (NYSE:RF)
- Synovus (NYSE:SNV)
- Wm. Wrigley (WWY)-acquired
- S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats (pdf file) Standard & Poor's,By: Aye M. Soe & David Guarino.