Looking into European stocks for your portfolio? The market seems a bit more attractive than it did in 2011 and 2012 when the headlines heavily drove market price. With this in mind, we created a list of high growth European stocks that may be considered undervalued by popular technical indicators.
To create the list below, we started by screening European stocks with market caps above $300 million for those with a PEG below 1 and P/E ratio below 15. Low P/Es are attractive because nobody wants to overpay for good growth - although this number may indicate there is little growth at all.
To find stocks with high growth expectations, we then screened for names with 5-year EPS growth projected at 15% or higher. We were left with the eight names listed below.
For an interactive version of this chart, click on the image below. Analyst ratings sourced from Zacks Investment Research.
As a recap, the stocks listed below have: EPS Growth next 5 years>15%, PEG <1, and P/E <15, a market cap above $300 million, and are based in Europe.
Do you think these names are currently undervalued?
1. AEGON N.V. (AEG): Provides life insurance, pensions, and asset management products and services worldwide. Market cap at $12.9B, most recent closing price at $6.54. P/E: 9.62. PEG: 0.51. EPS growth for the next 5 years: 18.90%. Netherlands.
2. Ensco plc (ESV): Provides offshore contract drilling services to the oil and gas industry. Market cap at $14.09B, most recent closing price at $60.67. P/E: 11.92. PEG: 0.44. EPS growth for the next 5 years: 27%. United Kingdom.
3. Navios Maritime Holdings Inc. (NM): Operates as a seaborne shipping and logistics company in Greece. Market cap at $376.94M, most recent closing price at $3.68. P/E: 13.14. PEG: 0.82. EPS growth for the next 5 years: 16%. Greece.
4. Siemens AG (SI): Operates in the industry, energy, and healthcare sectors worldwide. Market cap at $96.87B, most recent closing price at $109.95. P/E: 13.43. PEG: 0.41. EPS growth for the next 5 years: 35%. Germany.
5. Tenaris SA (TS): Engages in the manufacture and sale of steel pipe products. Market cap at $24.25B, most recent closing price at $41.08. P/E: 13.93. PEG 0.76. EPS growth for the next 5 years: 18.33%. Luxembourg.
*Profitability and institutional data sourced from Fidelity, price and accounting data sourced from Google Finance, all other data sourced from Finviz.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.