Looking into European stocks for your portfolio? The market seems a bit more attractive than it did in 2011 and 2012 when the headlines heavily drove market price. With this in mind, we created a list of high growth European stocks that may be considered undervalued by popular technical indicators.
To create the list below, we started by screening European stocks with market caps above $300 million for those with a PEG below 1 and P/E ratio below 15. Low P/Es are attractive because nobody wants to overpay for good growth - although this number may indicate there is little growth at all.
To find stocks with high growth expectations, we then screened for names with 5-year EPS growth projected at 15% or higher. We were left with the eight names listed below.
For an interactive version of this chart, click on the image below. Analyst ratings sourced from Zacks Investment Research.
As a recap, the stocks listed below have: EPS Growth next 5 years>15%, PEG <1, and P/E <15, a market cap above $300 million, and are based in Europe.
Do you think these names are currently undervalued?
1. AEGON N.V. (NYSE:AEG): Provides life insurance, pensions, and asset management products and services worldwide. Market cap at $12.9B, most recent closing price at $6.54. P/E: 9.62. PEG: 0.51. EPS growth for the next 5 years: 18.90%. Netherlands.
2. Ensco plc (NYSE:ESV): Provides offshore contract drilling services to the oil and gas industry. Market cap at $14.09B, most recent closing price at $60.67. P/E: 11.92. PEG: 0.44. EPS growth for the next 5 years: 27%. United Kingdom.
3. Navios Maritime Holdings Inc. (NYSE:NM): Operates as a seaborne shipping and logistics company in Greece. Market cap at $376.94M, most recent closing price at $3.68. P/E: 13.14. PEG: 0.82. EPS growth for the next 5 years: 16%. Greece.
4. Siemens AG (SI): Operates in the industry, energy, and healthcare sectors worldwide. Market cap at $96.87B, most recent closing price at $109.95. P/E: 13.43. PEG: 0.41. EPS growth for the next 5 years: 35%. Germany.
5. Tenaris SA (NYSE:TS): Engages in the manufacture and sale of steel pipe products. Market cap at $24.25B, most recent closing price at $41.08. P/E: 13.93. PEG 0.76. EPS growth for the next 5 years: 18.33%. Luxembourg.
*Profitability and institutional data sourced from Fidelity, price and accounting data sourced from Google Finance, all other data sourced from Finviz.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.
Business relationship disclosure: Business relationship disclosure: Kapitall is a team of analysts. This article was written by Sabina Bhatia, one of our writers. We did not receive compensation for this article (other than from Seeking Alpha), and we have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.