I have a tough time swallowing the current share price of Aircastle Ltd (NYSE:AYR). From the year end earnings release, these facts point to a stock that should have a much higher value (Call Transcript).
- Cash flow (adjusted earnings plus depreciation) was $4.53 per share. 1.4 times the share price! The cash flow for the 4th quarter was a very strong $1.24.
- The entire portfolio of aircraft is covered by long term financing. There are no worries about acquiring additional debt.
- The fleet of 130 aircraft have a 98% leased rate with only 2 aircraft needing to be released in 2009.
- The company has a diverse customer base by country and company. The largest customer, KLM, is only 8% of the portfolio.
- The current dividend gives a 12% yield.
I am surprised that someone has not figured out they could buy the company for $250 million and put that amount of money in their pocket for the next 5 years then sell the fleet for half a billion. I think this stock is a steal!
Disclosure: No position