There are plenty of stocks, including closed end funds, real estate trusts, master limited partnerships, and oil royalty trusts, which pay their dividends monthly. Lots of advantages are available with receiving monthly dividends including acceleration the investors' return of capital, faster compounding if the dividends are reinvested, provides a steadier cash flow, generally lower volatility, and some of the yields are partially or completely tax free.
At WallStreetNewsNetwork.com, they provide a downloadable list of over 300 monthly monthly dividend stocks. Here are a few examples of some with yields over 9%:
- Precision Drilling (NYSE:PDS) yields 14.3%
- Reaves Utility Income Fund (NYSEMKT:UTG) yields 13.9%
- Van Kampen Senior Income Trust (NYSE:VVR) yields 12.9%
- Advent Claymore Convertible Securities & Income (NYSE:AVK) yields 11.8%
- Aberdeen Asia-Pacific Income Fund Inc. (NYSEMKT:FAX) yields 10.0%
- PIMCO Municipal Income Fund III (NYSE:PMX) yields 9.9%
- Realty Income Corp. (NYSE:O) yields 9.7%
- Sabine Royalty Trust (NYSE:SBR) yields 9.7%
To see an Excel spreadsheet with the rest of the monthly dividend stocks, click here.