The ETF Innovators Highly Defensive Index contains 32 market cap leading companies from the defensive industry groups (A-K) specified below in addition to one position reserved for the SPDR Gold Trust (NYSEARCA:GLD) as a hedge against long-term inflation and global currency devaluation. Since I last wrote about the index two months ago, Genentech has been acquired by Roche (OTCQX:RHHBY) and the number of securities has been reduced from 40 to 33.
- Mass Merchant Discount Retailer (1): Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT)
- Consumer Staples (10): Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO), Colgate-Palmolive (NYSE:CL), AmBev (ABV), General Mills (NYSE:GIS), Kraft Foods (KFT), Nestle (OTCPK:NSRGY), PepsiCo (NYSE:PEP), Philip Morris International (NYSE:PM), Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG), Reckitt Benckiser (OTCPK:RBGPF)
- Telecom Services (3): AT&T (NYSE:T), Telefonica (NYSE:TEF), Verizon (NYSE:VZ)
- At-Home Services (2): Cable TV/Internet Provider (1), Internet Portal/Search Provider (1) – Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA), Google (NASDAQ:GOOG)
- Utilities (1): Southern Company (NYSE:SO)
- Fast Food Restaurants (1): McDonalds (NYSE:MCD)
- Commodities (2): Gold (1) + Agri-Biotech (1) – SPDR Gold Trust (GLD), Monsanto (NYSE:MON)
- Healthcare (11): Abbott Labs (NYSE:ABT), Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN), Celgene (NASDAQ:CELG), Genzyme (GENZ), Gilead (NASDAQ:GILD), Baxter (NYSE:BAX), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), MedcoHealth Solutions (NYSE:MHS), Novartis (NYSE:NVS), Roche, Teva Pharma (NASDAQ:TEVA)
- Aerospace (Non-Commercial) & Defense (1): Lockheed Martin (NYSE:LMT)
- Integrated Energy (1): Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM)
Disclosure: No positions.