Nuance Communications (NASDAQ:NUAN) has been under pressure and has underperformed the overall market since early February when it released a disappointing earnings report. However, these shares are starting to attract a noted activist and have had some other positive catalysts. These positives should power the shares higher in the coming months.
Recent positives for NUAN:
- Noted activist Carl Icahn has just disclosed an over 9% stake in the company.
- The company just launched voice mobile ads.
- An option buyer took a large position in the July 19 calls in early March.
Nuance Communications provides voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers worldwide.
5 additional reasons NUAN is going higher from just over $21 a share:
- The 13 analysts that followed the stock have a $28 median price target on the shares, more than 30% above its current stock price.
- The stock sells for 10x forward earnings, a discount to its five-year average (13.5).
- Analysts project revenues will increase almost 25% in FY2013 and just under 15% in FY2014. The stock sports a five-year projected PEG of under 1 (.67).
- NUAN sells near the bottom of its five-year valuation range based on P/E, P/S, P/B and P/CF.
- The company has grown revenues at an approximate 17% CAGR over the past five years. Nuance has also grown operating cash flow 60% over the last three years.