A new 52 week low was made by AFFX ($25.15).
Key developments that drove individual stocks:
● On June 29th, Celgene (CELG) announced that the FDA approved Revlimid to treat a certain type of blood cancer.
● On June 26th, Nastech Pharmaceutical (NSTK) announced that they would be working with Amylin Pharmaceuticals (AMLN) to develop a diabetes treatment to be administered via nasal spray.
Data in table version -- click on a ticker for opinion and analysis of the company:
|AFFX||Affymetrix Inc.||0.4%||-36.4% |
|ALXN||Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc.||-1.1%||-38.2% |
|AMGN||Amgen Inc.||1.8%||-36.6% |
|AMLN||Amylin Pharmaceuticals Inc.||-0.7%||-60.1% |
|BIIB||Biogen Idec Inc.||-1.4%||-36.7% |
|BMRN||BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.||2.3%||-4.4% |
|BSTE||Biosite Incorporated||1.6%||-31.1% |
|CELG||Celgene Corporation||1.7%||-41.6% |
|DNA||Genentech Inc.||3.4%||-4.2% |
|ELN||Elan Corp. plc||-5.3%||-45.0% |
|GILD||Gilead Sciences Inc.||2.7%||-33.6% |
|GPRO||Gen-Probe Inc.||-0.6%||-46.5% |
|IMCL||Imclone Systems Inc.||-0.2%||8.2% |
|INCY||Incyte Corp.||-2.4%||-41.1% |
|ISTA||ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc.||-6.8%||-75.8% |
|KOSP||KOS Pharmaceuticals Inc.||2.4%||-40.7% |
|MEDI||MedImmune Inc.||0.6%||-24.1% |
|NABI||Nabi Biopharmaceuticals||-7.1%||-34.1% |
|NBIX||Neurocrine Biosciences Inc.||-0.9%||-71.4% |
|ONXX||Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc.||-2.1%||-46.0% |
|PGNX||Progenics Pharmaceuticals Inc.||0.6%||-25.4% |
|PHRM||Pharmion Corp.||-0.6%||-63.1% |
|TELK||Telik Inc.||1.5%||1.0% |
|VRTX||Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc.||-2.2%||-69.7%|
- Most recent opinion and analysis of Biotech stocks
- Full transcripts of recent conference calls in the Biotech sector
- Add the Biotech Stock Blog to your My Yahoo! page
Aside: Did you know that Seeking Alpha now publishes a one-page recap of Jim Cramer's Mad Money stock picks?