While it remains to be seen if consumers will think the Palm (PALM) Pre is the equal of the Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhone, there is evidence fees paid to Sprint (NYSE:S) for the Pre will be lower than what iPhone users pay AT&T (NYSE:T).
Here’s a comparison of the costs, as compiled by BillShrink.com.
- Handset: Sprint, $199 after rebate; AT&T, $199.
- Unlimited data and voice: Sprint, $100 a month. AT&T, $150 a month.
- 450 voice minutes plus unlimited data: Sprint, $69.99 a month. AT&T, $112.49.
- 900 voice minutes: Sprint, $89.99. AT&T, $109.99.
- Family plan, 2 phones: Sprint, $129.99 for 2 Pre phones, plus $19.99 for additional lines. AT&T, $129.99 to cover 2 iPhones, plus $39.99 for added lines.
- 3000 shares minutes: Sprint, $169.99. AT&T, 209.99.
- Unlimited family plan (2 phones): Sprint, $189.99, plus $89.99 for additional lines. AT&T, $259.99, plus $129.99 for additional lines.