While it remains to be seen if consumers will think the Palm (PALM) Pre is the equal of the Apple (AAPL) iPhone, there is evidence fees paid to Sprint (S) for the Pre will be lower than what iPhone users pay AT&T (T).
Here’s a comparison of the costs, as compiled by BillShrink.com.
- Handset: Sprint, $199 after rebate; AT&T, $199.
- Unlimited data and voice: Sprint, $100 a month. AT&T, $150 a month.
- 450 voice minutes plus unlimited data: Sprint, $69.99 a month. AT&T, $112.49.
- 900 voice minutes: Sprint, $89.99. AT&T, $109.99.
- Family plan, 2 phones: Sprint, $129.99 for 2 Pre phones, plus $19.99 for additional lines. AT&T, $129.99 to cover 2 iPhones, plus $39.99 for added lines.
- 3000 shares minutes: Sprint, $169.99. AT&T, 209.99.
- Unlimited family plan (2 phones): Sprint, $189.99, plus $89.99 for additional lines. AT&T, $259.99, plus $129.99 for additional lines.