Here is a list of 15 stocks I'll be watching for the week of June 22, 2009. Although the coverage of the Swine Flu has dwindled somewhat, as the Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) news article timeline shows below, it is still a serious issue and could spark interest among the Pharma stocks.
click timeline to enlarge
There has also been increased coverage of the healthcare sector due to the Obama administration’s plan (still don't know what to think of this). Therefore I decided I would devote this weekly breakout report only on stocks from the Healthcare sector
These are the current highest bull/bear rated stocks my screener has returned for the medical field (Bull:Bear ratio after each stock ticker). I have also indicated after each stock the Investor’s Business Daily (IBD) rating for each (Rating from 1 to 99, 99 being the highest composite rating; indicated after Bull:Bear ratio).
- DexCom Inc (NASDAQ:DXCM) 13:0 (IBD Rated 82)
- MTS Medication Technologies (NASDAQ:MTSI) 12:0 (IBD Rated 96)
- Nymox Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:NYMX) 11:0 (IBD Rated 82)
- AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN) 10:0 (IBD Rated 91)
- Rockwell Medical Technologies (NASDAQ:RMTI) 13:1 (IBD Rated 45)
- Owens and Minor Inc (NYSE:OMI) 11:1 (IBD Rated 63)
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SPPI) 10:1 (IBD Rated 98)
- Chindex International (NASDAQ:CHDX) 10:1 (IBD Rated 91)
- Young Innovations (NASDAQ:YDNT) 10:1 (IBD Rated 88)
- Accuray (NASDAQ:ARAY) 10:1 (IBD Rated 83)
- MannKind Corporation (NASDAQ:MNKD) 10:1 (IBD Rated 82)
- Haemonetics Corp (NYSE:HAE) 11:2 (IBD Rated 77)
- Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ:GILD) 10:2 (IBD Rated 90)
- Celgene (NASDAQ:CELG) 10:2 (IBD Rated 80)
- Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN) 9:2 (IBD Rated 79)
I will be watching these stocks closely, especially on weakness. I am most interested in DexCom, MTS Medication Technologies, and Spectrum Pharmaceuticals. I will be looking to get into them on weakness. If they offer options, I may choose to speculate by purchasing Calls, or using the buy/write option strategy (for more info on these strategies click here).
Disclosure: No positions