GuruNet (ticker: GRU) reported Q2 2005 earnings results yesterday. There were no analyst estimates available. Key stats:
(all percentage changes and comparisons are year on year, unless stated otherwise)
- Revenue rose 859.6% to $424,552, and rose 142% sequentially.
- Costs of revenue rose 94.1% to $231,416.
- Research and development expenses rose 56.2% to $397,853.
- Sales and marketing expenses rose 103.5% to $450,970.
- General and administrative expenses rose 433.8% to $1.1 million.
- Operating expenses rose 184.2% to $1.9 million.
- Net loss was $1.6 million versus $1.9 million in 2Q04, and a loss of $1.5 million in 1Q05.
- Diluted loss per share was $0.23 versus a loss of $1.08 in Q2 2004.
- Cash and equivalents of $19.4 million as of June 30, 2005.
- Answers.com averaged 1.8 million queries per day in Q2.
Not subscribed to The Internet Stock Blog? You can get updated headlines for free by adding The Internet Stock Blog to your My Yahoo page. Just log into your My Yahoo
page, then go to The Internet Stock Blog and click on the "+ My Yahoo"
button on the top right of your screen. You can do the same for other sites, such as The China Stock Blog, ETF Investor, Radical Guides and Seeking Alpha.