Website analytics firm WebSideStory (ticker: WSSI) reported Q2 2005 earnings results that met both revenue and EPS estimates. Key stats:
(all percentage changes and comparisons are year on year, unless stated otherwise)
- Revenue rose 77.8% to $9.4 million slightly above consensus of $9.29 million.
- Subscription revenue rose 70.9% to $9.0 million.
- Ad revenue rose 1,245.2% to $417,000.
- Gross margin was 83.0% versus 85.0%.
- Operating expenses rose 53.2% to $6.6 million.
- Sales and marketing expenses rose 53.3% to $3.5 million.
- Technology development expenses rose 14.2% to $1.1 million.
- G&A expenses rose 70.0% to $1.4 million.
- Operating income rose 570.2% to $1.2 million.
- Operating margin was 12.7% versus 3.4%.
- Net income was $1.3 million versus a loss of $272,000.
- Diluted EPS of $0.07 versus a loss of $0.06.
- Pro-forma non-GAAP diluted EPS of $0.10 versus a loss of $0.01, and versus consensus estimate of $0.10.
- Cash and equivalents of $13.4 million as of June 30, 2005.
Q3 2005 Guidance
- Revenue of $11.0 - $11.3 million versus consensus of $11.18 million.
- Pro-forma non-GAAP EPS of $0.11 - $0.12 versus consensus of $0.12.
- GAAP EPS of $0.08 - $0.09.
Q4 2005 Guidance
- Revenue of $11.9 – $12.3 million.
- Pro-forma non-GAAP EPS of $0.13 - $0.14 versus consensus of $0.13.
- GAAP EPS of $0.10 - $0.11.
Q1 2006 Guidance
- Revenue of $12.7 – $13.5 million.
Not subscribed to The Internet Stock Blog? You can get updated headlines for free by adding The Internet Stock Blog to your My Yahoo page. Just log into your My Yahoo
page, then go to The Internet Stock Blog and click on the "+ My Yahoo"
button on the top right of your screen. You can do the same for other sites, such as The China Stock Blog, ETF Investor, Radical Guides and Seeking Alpha.