Drugstore.com (ticker: DSCM) reported Q2 2005 earnings results that beat consensus EPS estimates by $0.02. Key stats:
(all percentage changes and comparisons are year on year, unless stated otherwise)
- Revenue rose 10.3% to $96.9 million slightly below consensus of $98.08 million.
- Gross margin was 20.5% versus 20.0%.
- Total operating expenses rose 8.4% to $24.5 million.
- Fulfillment and order processing expenses fell 2.0% to $9.4 million.
- Sales and marketing expenses rose 10.8% to $7.0 million.
- Technology and content expenses rose 46.6% to $3.0 million.
- G&A expenses rose 15.7% to $3.9 million.
- Operating loss was $4.6 million versus a loss of $5.0 million.
- Net loss was $4.3 million versus a loss of $5.0 million.
- Diluted loss per share of $0.05 versus a loss of $0.07, and versus consensus loss of $0.07.
- Cash and equivalents of $19.2 million as of July 3, 2005.
- Net sales of $93.0 - $96.0 million, versus consensus of $101.0 million.
- EBITDA loss of $5.0 - $6.0 million.
- Net loss of $7.5 - $8.5 million.
- Losses expected from increased advertising spend of approximately $4.5 million in 2H 2005.
Not subscribed to The Internet Stock Blog? You can get updated headlines for free by adding The Internet Stock Blog to your My Yahoo page. Just log into your My Yahoo
page, then go to The Internet Stock Blog and click on the "+ My Yahoo"
button on the top right of your screen. You can do the same for other sites, such as The China Stock Blog, ETF Investor, Radical Guides and Seeking Alpha.