(all percentage changes and comparisons are year on year, unless stated otherwise)
- Net revenue rose 38.0% to $1.84 million versus consensus of $1.8 million.
- Advertising revenue was $335,000 versus $179,000 in 1Q05.
- Advertising revenue represented 18% of net revenue versus 9% of net revenue in 1Q05.
- Gross margin was 94.0% versus 93.2%.
- Operating expenses rose 138.0% to $1.0 million.
- G&A expenses rose 301.1% to $373,000.
- Product development expenses rose 25.6% to $54,000.
- Sales and marketing expenses rose 120.0% to $486,000.
- Operating income fell 12.0% to $722,000.
- Operating margin was 39.2% versus 61.4%.
- Net income rose 7.1% to $1.0 million.
- Net income margin was 54.8% versus 70.6%.
- Diluted earnings per ADS of $0.05 versus consensus of $0.06.
- New subscribers in 2Q05 were 2,567, a decrease of 63% from 7,032 in 2Q04.
- Repeat subscribers in 2Q05 were 2,515, a decrease of 22% from 3,218 in 2Q04.
- Average subscription fee per subscriber (ASF) for new subscribers
rose 6% to $165 in 2Q05 from $156 in 2Q04, but fell 21% from $208 in
- ASF for repeat subscribers rose 32% to $246 from $186 in 2Q04. and rose 3% from 1Q05.
Note: The company claims that the weak Chinese stock market
has dampened investor interest in more expensive and more comprehensive
- None provided.
- Cash and equivalents of $61.8 million as of June 30, 2005.