Lucas Energy (NYSEMKT:LEI) was recently featured in an article here on Seeking Alpha as a buy. After reading this article, I did some research into the company's filings and I have a differing opinion regarding the company. I personally see many red flags with this company.
Lucas Energy is a small oil and gas producer with the company's main asset being 15,000 net acres in Southeast Texas. The company states it has proved reserves of 5,572 MBOE worth an NPV10 of $132.6 MM. Only 251 MBOEs (4.5%) of these reserves are proved developed producing (PDP) reserves. The remainder (95.5%) are proved undeveloped reserves (PUD). The author of the article also makes a comparison to EOG (NYSE:EOG)...
|FREE||SA PRO MEMBERS|
|IDEA GENERATOR||X||Exclusive access to 10 PRO ideas every day|
|INVESTING IDEAS LIBRARY||X||Exclusive access to PRO library of more than 15,000 ideas|
|SECTOR EXPERT NETWORK||X||Exclusive access to all sector experts for direct consultation|
|PERFORMANCE TRACKING||X||Track performance of all PRO stock ideas|
|PROFESSIONAL TOOLS||X||Professional Idea Filters to zero-in based on industry, market cap and more|