Shanda Interactive (ticker: SNDA) reported Q2 2005 earnings results that beat
consensus revenue estimates but missed diluted EPS estimates by $0.02.
Key stats from the quarter:
(all percentage changes and comparisons are year on year, unless stated otherwise)
- Net revenue rose 88.0% to $65.2 million vs consensus of $61.78 million.
- Net revenue rose 8.5% sequentially.
- Online game revenue rose 72.0% to $56.4 million.
- MMORPG revenue rose 60.3% to $43.7 million.
- Casual game revenue rose 130.1%, but declined 5.1% sequentially to $12.6 million.
- Other revenue (online ads, VAS) rose 365.1%, and rose 31.3% sequentially to $8.8 million.
- Gross margin was 68.4% vs 62.8%, down from 71.0% in Q1.
- Operating expenses rose 82.8% to $15.1 million.
- Product development expenses rose 136.8% to $4.7 million.
- Sales and marketing expenses rose 124.7% to $4.6 million.
- G&A expenses rose 41.3% to $5.3 million.
- Operating income rose 118.2%, but declined 4.0% sequentially to $29.5 million.
- Operating margin was 45.2% vs 38.9%.
- Net income rose 58.2% to $27.0 million.
- Net margin was 41.3% vs 49.1%.
- Diluted EPS of $0.36 vs $0.25, and vs consensus estimate of $0.38.
Balance Sheet (as of June 30, 2005)
- Cash and equivalents of $152.3 million.
- Marketable securities of $276.8 million.
- Total peak concurrent users for all Shanda games in commercial service rose 19% sequentially to 2.5 million.
- Average concurrent users of Shanda's MMORPGs in commercial service rose 2.0% sequentially to 763,000.
- Average revenue per user hour calculated based on net revenues for Shanda's MMORPGs rose 10% sequentially to $0.03.
Not subscribed to The Internet Stock Blog? You can get updated headlines for free by adding The Internet Stock Blog to your My Yahoo page. Just log into your My Yahoo
page, then go to The Internet Stock Blog and click on the "+ My Yahoo"
button on the top right of your screen. You can do the same for other sites, such as The China Stock Blog, ETF Investor, Radical Guides and Seeking Alpha.