This is a copy of the SA Pro Insider's Report sent exclusively to Pro subscribers on Friday, July 26. It was made fully available on Seeking Alpha twenty-four hours later.
Dear SA Pro subscriber,
This is your Insider’s Report for Friday, July 26. There are no Alpha-Rich ideas currently under exclusive embargo.
Recent Performance Snapshot
Over the past two weeks (July 12-25) we have published 30 Alpha-Rich Ideas. 25 of those ideas have been long ideas, while 5 have been short ideas. Since initial publication, the long ideas have given an average +6.27% return (with 20 out of 25 ideas offering positive returns to date) while the short ideas have given an average return of -5.96% (with each short idea offering positive returns). The collective return over the past two weeks has been 6.22%. The S&P has returned +.91% over the same period. Some notable calls over that time period:
- Money Investor called out Shutterstock's (NYSE:SSTK) unenviable competitive position and its overvaluation on July 12. The stock is -10.75% since. Read article »
- On July 12, Douglas Friedman highlighted Allana Potash's (OTCPK:ALLRF) great potential. Shares are +10.7% since. Read article »
- On Monday, Pendulum wrote that Regal Beloit (NYSE:RBC) had been overly punished after Q1 earnings and was worth buying on a dip. The stock is +4.2% on the week. Read article »
- Also on Monday, Alan Brochstein said Gentex's (NASDAQ:GNTX) recent acquisition and CFO change were bad omens considering the company's high valuation. The shares are -4.7% since, despite an earnings beat. Read article »
- Ashraf Eassa said on July 16 that Logitech (NASDAQ:LOGI) was a classic turnaround play with good exposure to gaming and tablets. The stock jumped after earnings yesterday, and is now +5.6% from where it was before the article came out. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA Pro dashboard later today for the latest Alpha-Rich articles. Have a great weekend.
SA Pro Editors
The SA Pro team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Rachael Granby (Editorial Product Manager), Samir Patel (Senior Pro Editor) and Daniel Shvartsman (Senior Pro Editor). You can reach the four of us at firstname.lastname@example.org.