Is Time Warner (TWX) shopping for deals? Citing the company’s $7 billion cash pile, Business Week wonders if CEO Jeffrey Bewkes will be inspired by the Disney (DIS) deal for Marvel (MVL) to beef up its own content business. The piece offers a number of potential targets:
- Dreamworks Animation (DWA): Would add Shrek to the fold.
- MGM: Large film library to feed the company’s cable channels.
- Scripps Network Interactive (SNI): Parent of Food Network and HGTV channels.
- NBC Universal: Not the broadcast piece, but the rest of the General Electric (GE) unit, which includes Bravo, USA and Syfy, plus the movie studio.
- Electronic Arts (ERTS): Video game company has big sports franchises.
- Take-Two (TTWO): Would give them the Grand Theft Auto franchise.