Is Time Warner (NYSE:TWX) shopping for deals? Citing the company’s $7 billion cash pile, Business Week wonders if CEO Jeffrey Bewkes will be inspired by the Disney (NYSE:DIS) deal for Marvel (MVL) to beef up its own content business. The piece offers a number of potential targets:
- Dreamworks Animation (NASDAQ:DWA): Would add Shrek to the fold.
- MGM: Large film library to feed the company’s cable channels.
- Scripps Network Interactive (NYSE:SNI): Parent of Food Network and HGTV channels.
- NBC Universal: Not the broadcast piece, but the rest of the General Electric (NYSE:GE) unit, which includes Bravo, USA and Syfy, plus the movie studio.
- Electronic Arts (ERTS): Video game company has big sports franchises.
- Take-Two (NASDAQ:TTWO): Would give them the Grand Theft Auto franchise.