This is a copy of the SA Pro Insider's Report sent exclusively to Pro subscribers on Monday, August 12. It was made fully available on Seeking Alpha twenty-four hours later.
Dear SA Pro subscriber,
This is your Insider’s Report for Monday, August 12, with today's high-conviction long and short ideas available only to SA Pro subscribers.
Week to Come
Earnings season nears its end this week. The following Alpha-Rich ideas are reporting their earnings this week: Monday:
- Relm Wireless (NYSEMKT:RWC) reports after the close. William Garrison showed in June how the company's shares were poised to double as it gained traction. Read article »
- American Apparel (NYSEMKT:APP) also reports after the close. Pendulum argued in July that the clothing company was on the verge of a turnaround. Read article »
- TransGlobe Energy (NASDAQ:TGA) reported this morning. GFP Investments stated a month ago that turmoil in Egypt created an opportunity in TGA's shares. Read article »
- ADDvantage Techonlogies (NASDAQ:AEY) reports its earnings Tuesday. Nick Ghattas laid out a bullish thesis based on the company's ability to either make an accretive acquisition or initiate a share buyback. Read article »
- CST Brands (NYSE:CST) reports its earnings Tuesday morning. Daniel Phillips made the case for the convenience store spin-off's undervaluation in May. Read article »
- InfuSystem (NYSEMKT:INFU) also reports Tuesday morning, its first report since a recent buyout bid fell apart. Whopper Investments argued in July that the bid undervalued the company's cash-generation ability and growth opportunities. Read article »
- Tri-Point Homes (NYSE:TPH) reports earnings Tuesday morning as well. Money Investor said there was 30% upside for the company as it entered a post-IPO expansion phase. Read article »
- Adecoagro (NYSE:AGRO) reports its earnings after Wednesday's close. In July, Stephen Simpson said the company was undervalued as the market ignored its potential in a key industry. Read article »
- Adcare Health (NYSEMKT:ADK) reports earnings after Wednesday's close as well. Shares are trading well below where they were when Dr. Hugh Akston argued that a tender offer for shares looked improbable in May. Read article »
- ChipMOS (NASDAQ:IMOS) reports earnings Thursday morning. Valuable Insights updated the buy thesis on the company in June, arguing there was still 50% upside by year end as several catalysts played out. Read article »
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Alpha-Rich long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- Thursday, Intangible Valuation updated the buy thesis for Gain Capital Holdings (NYSE:GCAP), saying the Q2 earnings suggested headwinds were over and that the stock could get revalued higher as a result. The stock is +14.2% since, and +37.7% since he made the case in June. Read article »
- On June 24, Junius said debt recovery firm Encore Capital Group (NASDAQ:ECPG) still had more upside despite a great 5-year run. Shares are +29% since, after a strong earnings report last week. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA Pro dashboard during market hours today for the latest Alpha-Rich ideas, including a post-earnings sell-off play that has strong upside.
SA Pro Editors
The SA Pro team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Rachael Granby (Editorial Product Manager), Daniel Shvartsman, Samir Patel, Michael McDonald, and Jeffrey Fischer (Senior Pro Editors). You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.