The Consumer Staples Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLP) was trading as low as $19.28 in March 2009. The index is currently trading at $41.45 or 115.0% above the low made in March 2009.
In this article, I will feature one consumer stock that has seen intensive insider buying during the last 30 days. Intensive insider buying can be defined by the following three criteria:
The stock is purchased by three or more insiders within one month.
The stock is sold by no insiders in the month of intensive purchasing.
At least two purchasers increase their holdings by more than 10%.
Uni-Sélect (GM:UNIEF) engages in the distribution of replacement parts, equipment, tools, and accessories for motor vehicles in North America.
Insider buying by insider (last 30 days)
- Robert Chevrier purchased 10,000 shares on August 7, and currently holds 17,500 shares or less than 0.1% of the company. Robert Chevrier serves as a director of the company.
- Louis Juneau purchased 350 shares on August 1, and currently holds 350 shares or less than 0.1% of the company. Louis Juneau is Vice President, Legal Affairs and Secretary.
- Richard Keister purchased 3,000 shares on August 1, and currently holds 3,000 shares or less than 0.1% of the company. Richard Keister serves as a director of the company.
- Denis Mathieu purchased 5,800 shares on August 2-6, and currently holds 21,000 shares or 0.1% of the company. Denis Mathieu is Executive Vice President, Corporate Services and Chief Financial Officer.
- Richard Roy purchased 10,000 shares on August 7, and currently holds 40,438 shares or 0.2% of the company. Richard Roy is President and Chief Executive Officer.
- Uni-Sélect purchased 137,576 shares on August 6-9.
Insider buying by calendar month
Here is a table of Uni-Sélect's insider-trading activity by calendar month.
|Month||Insider buying / shares||Insider selling / shares|
There have been 190,106 shares purchased and there have been zero shares sold by the insiders since March 2013.
The company reported the second-quarter financial results on July 31, with the following highlights:
|Adjusted earnings||$15.6 million|
|Net debt||$284.5 million|
AutoZone has seen 17 insider sell transactions this year, Advance Auto Parts has seen 19 insider sell transactions this year and O'Reilly Automotive has seen 17 insider sell transactions this year. Genuine Parts Company saw one insider buy transaction in December 2012.
There have been six different insiders buying Uni-Sélect and there have not been any insiders selling Uni-Sélect during the past 30 days. All six of these insiders increased their holdings by more than 10%. There is one analyst buy rating, four neutral ratings and zero sell ratings with an average price target of $22.85. Uni-Sélect is trading at a P/E ratio of 519.75 and a forward P/E ratio of 8.52. Uni-Sélect has a book value of $22.07 per share and the stock has a dividend yield of 2.50%. I believe the stock could be a good pick below the book value based on the intensive insider buying.