This is a copy of the SA Pro Top Long And Short Ideas daily report sent exclusively to Pro subscribers on Tuesday, August 20. It was made fully available on Seeking Alpha twenty-four hours later.
Dear SA Pro subscriber,
This is your daily report for Tuesday, August 20, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA Pro subscribers.
Exclusive Alpha-Rich Ideas
- The Long Case For Ingredion, Inc., by Daniel Phillips. Current pressures in South America mask INGR's transition to higher-margin specialty food ingredients. 25% upside. Exclusive until 9:30 AM today.
- Weyerhauser Is Irrationally Cheap With Powerful Catalysts, by Dane Bowler. Caught up in the market sell-off of REITs, WY shares provide an attractive entry point for 25% upside. Exclusive until 9:45 AM today.
- Deutsche Lufthansa: 30% Upside; Undervalued To Flag Carrier Peers As Europe Recovers, by Helix Investment Research. Lufthansa's restructuring combined with surprising European robustness could portend 30%+ upside. Exclusive until 10:00 AM today.
- Bassett Furniture: Now Is The Time To Buy, by Shaun Currie. Economic expansion, increased US home sales, and a continuing turnaround all serve as tailwinds for BSET. 20% intermediate-term upside. Exclusive until 10:15 AM today.
- Pixelworks: Dilution And Highly Overstated Growth Prospects Drive At Least 20% Downside, by Ashraf Eassa. PXLW's questionably timed follow-on offering and less than exciting growth could make for a short play. 35% downside. Exclusive until 10:30 AM today.
- OMV's Transformation Should Unlock Meaningful Value, by Stephen Simpson. Under the radar oil major OMVKY.PK offers strong cash generation and the ability to beat low expectations. 30% upside. Exclusive until 10:45 AM today.
- Legg Mason: Enormous Share Buyback And Normalizing Rates Fuel 65% Upside, by Mike Williams. Analyst earnings estimates greatly underestimate the effect of LM's massive buyback program. 65% upside. Exclusive until 2:30 PM today.
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Alpha-Rich long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- Yesterday, Ashraf Eassa argued that Pixelworks (NASDAQ:PXLW) was overvalued and unlikely to hit its growth targets. The stock dropped -6.7% after the article came out. Read article »
- On July 18, fund manager Dr. Hugh Akston said merger excitement left Ntelos (NASDAQ:NTLS) shares overvalued. The stock is -20.3% since. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA Pro dashboard during market hours today for the latest Alpha-Rich ideas.
SA Pro Editors
The SA Pro team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Rachael Granby (Editorial Product Manager), Daniel Shvartsman, Samir Patel, Michael McDonald, and Jeffrey Fischer (Senior Pro Editors). You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.