This is a copy of the SA Pro Top Long And Short Ideas daily report sent exclusively to Pro subscribers on Wednesday, August 28. It was made fully available on Seeking Alpha twenty-four hours later.
Dear SA Pro subscriber,
This is your daily report for Wednesday, August 28, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA Pro subscribers.
Exclusive Alpha-Rich Ideas
- IPG Photonics Looking To Innovation And Integration, by Stephen Simpson. With a technology and margin edge in a fast-growing market, IPGP could see 30% upside or more. Exclusive until 9:30 AM today.
- After Doubling, Blucora Still Undervalued, by Vince Martin. Strong profitability, impressive free cash flow, a low multiple, and substantial NOLs make BCOR shares intriguing. 50%+ potential upside. Exclusive until 9:45 AM today.
- Photronics: Minimum 20% Upside As Growth Initiatives Highlight Relative Undervaluation, by Helix Investment Research.An increase in high-end business and revved-up growth could lead to gains for PLAB investors. Exclusive until 10:00 AM today.
- Ithaca Energy: Strong Growth But Deeply Undervalued (For Now), by Dennis Beaudet. Ithaca (IAE.TO in Canada) trades at 50% of NAV and very low multiples. Exclusive until 10:15 AM today.
- Ark Restaurants Could Be Cooking Up Some Profits, by Whopper Investments. ARKR's idiosyncratic approach has produced consistent earnings despite unavoidable bumps, making it too cheap to ignore. Exclusive until 10:30 AM today.
- Steinhoff International Holdings: A South African Holding Company Trading At A Wide Discount To NAV, by Mike Arnold. Holding company Steinhoff trades at a 36% discount to NAV despite a robust, well-diversified operating model. Exclusive until 2:00 PM today.
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Alpha-Rich long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- Friday, MBAvalueinvestor made the case for Nuverra Environmental's shares being overvalued. The stock is -18.7% since. Read article »
- On July 1, Igor Novgorodtsev explained why Rick's Cabaret could double as several catalysts played out. The stock is +17.4% to date. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA Pro dashboard during market hours today for the latest Alpha-Rich ideas, including a long idea for a network equipment provider and a short play on an oil company with possible accounting issues.
SA Pro Editors
The SA Pro team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Rachael Granby (Editorial Product Manager), Daniel Shvartsman, Samir Patel, Michael McDonald, and Jeffrey Fischer (Senior Pro Editors). You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.