This is a copy of the SA Pro Top Long And Short Ideas daily report sent exclusively to Pro subscribers on Friday, August 30. It was made fully available on Seeking Alpha twenty-four hours later.
Dear SA Pro subscriber,
This is your daily report for Friday, August 30, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA Pro subscribers.
Exclusive Alpha-Rich Ideas
- FirstService Corporation: Consider A Bid On This Under-The-Radar Real Estate Powerhouse, by Trading the Spread. FSRV's strong portfolio stands to benefit from the global real estate recovery. 33% upside. Exclusive until 9:30 AM today.
- Ascena Retail Group: Leading Market Share And Aligned Management Below Its Private Market Value, by Saidal Mohmand. ASNA's strong balance sheet and specialty focus should help it overcome short-term headwinds. 50%+ upside. Exclusive until 9:45 AM today.
- The Bon-Ton Stores: Too Much Debt, Too Many Problems, by Shaun Currie. BONT faces a bad combination of competition, weak locations, and a tough economic climate, and lacks the balance sheet flexibility to respond appropriately. 35% downside. Exclusive until 10:00 AM today.
- ManTech International - A Contrarian Play On Sequestration And Afghanistan Drawdown, by Kedar Special Situations. A shift in MANT's business mix has it well prepared for industry headwinds. The stock has 30% upside and is a potential takeover target. Exclusive until 11:15 AM today.
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Alpha-Rich long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- Tuesday, Dennis Beaudet called Ithaca Energy a deep value play that would prove near-term concerns to be overdone soon. The stock is +6.7% to date. Read article »
- On June 3, Money Investor said Garmin had an attractive valuation and a strong balance sheet that would pay off for investors. The stock is +18% since. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA Pro dashboard during market hours today for the latest Alpha-Rich ideas. Have a great weekend.
SA Pro Editors
The SA Pro team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Rachael Granby (Editorial Product Manager), Daniel Shvartsman, Samir Patel, Michael McDonald, and Jeffrey Fischer (Senior Pro Editors). You can reach us at email@example.com.