This is a copy of the SA Pro Insider's Report sent exclusively to Pro subscribers on Thursday, September 5. It was made fully available on Seeking Alpha twenty-four hours later.
Dear SA Pro subscriber,
This is your daily report for Thursday, September 5, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA Pro subscribers.
Exclusive Alpha-Rich Ideas
- Patient Investors Get A Crack At Plum Creek Timber, by Stephen Simpson. Plum Creek, a well-run timberland company has 20% or more upside. Exclusive until 9:30 AM today.
- G. Willi-Food International Ltd.: A Unique Combination Of Growth And Value, by William Garrison. This Israeli food company has significant insider ownership and multiple substantial growth opportunities. 40% upside. Exclusive until 9:45 AM today.
- Amidst Rate And Commodity Worries, Oneok Partners Looks Interesting, by Stephen Simpson. This MLP has a fair value 20% above today's price combined with a tax-advantaged yield of 6%. Exclusive until 10:00 AM today.
- Ambit Biosciences: One-Trick Pony With A Broken Leg, by Michael Sacerdote. With no earnings likely to be available to shareholders before 2017 and an inflated current market capitalization, this biotech's run may be over. Exclusive until 10:15 AM today.
- SeaChange International: 40%+ Upside As Valuation Rises To Match Growth Prospects, by Helix Investment Research. SEAC's unaccounted for growth prospects provide significant upside while its sizable cash balance offers downside protection. Exclusive until 10:30 AM.
- Big 5 Sporting Goods - Margin Expansion Story Supports 40% Upside, by Shaun Currie. An overdone Q2 sell-off has left BGFV relatively undervalued despite the potential for a reversion to historical margins. Exclusive until 10:45 AM.
- Stewardship Financial: 20% Discount To Book, Probable Long-Term Earning Power Of 15%+, Intangible Valuation. SSFN trades below tangible book value despite asset growth, deposit growth, and overly conservative loan provisions. Exclusive until 11:00 AM today.
- Imperial Holdings: Life Insurance Companies Can Do Math, Life Settlements' Shareholders Can't, by Brice Mckalip. A recent rights offering highlights the fatal flaw in IFT's model, creating a short opportunity. Exclusive until 12:00 PM today.
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Alpha-Rich long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- On August 28, Dr. Hugh Akston said Harvest Natural Resources' (NYSE:HNR) aggressive accounting and lack of revenue could lead to a drop in share price, with 40-100% downside possible. The stock is -8.9%% to date. Read article »
- Gain Capital Holdings (NYSE:GCAP) continues to move higher after Intangible Valuation tabbed the company's strong Q2 report as a major bullish sign. The stock is +34% since the August update, and +61% since the contributor wrote up the idea in June. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA Pro dashboard during market hours today for the latest Alpha-Rich ideas, including a special situation and a Bakken play that has plenty of upside.
SA Pro Editors
The SA Pro team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Rachael Granby (Editorial Product Manager), Daniel Shvartsman, Samir Patel, Michael McDonald, and Jeffrey Fischer (Senior Pro Editors). You can reach us at email@example.com.