This is a copy of the SA Pro Top Long And Short Ideas daily report sent exclusively to Pro subscribers on Friday, September 6. It was made fully available on Seeking Alpha twenty-four hours later.
Dear SA Pro subscriber,
This is your daily report for Friday, September 6, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA Pro subscribers.
Exclusive Alpha-Rich Ideas
- Termination Risks Of NTS Realty Holdings Offer Asymmetrical Risk Reward Profile, by Yuanxi Zhang. Numerous delays, a rising rate environment, and multiple unresolved lawsuits threaten NLP's go-private deal, offering 50% possible downside. Exclusive until 9:30 AM today.
- Triangle Petroleum - Undervalued Bakken Player, by Steve Zachritz. Energy expert likes TPLM's recent deal, which adds to the company's attractive acreage. 40% upside. Exclusive until 9:45 AM today.
- Husky Energy: Undervalued And Unloved, Solid Growth Prospects Offer 35%+ Potential Upside, by Caiman Valores. Husky Energy's (HSE.TO) strong Q2 report signals the company's continuing growth. Upside relative to both peers and NAV. Exclusive until 10:00 AM today.
- Sina Is As Good As It Gets, by Akram's Razor. SINA is the best way to play recent mobile and web momentum, says a fund manager, with 35-75% upside. Exclusive until 10:15 AM today.
- Billabong: Accounting Principles Say Brand Is Worthless, But The Business Isn't, by Mike Arnold. Competing refinancing deals should offer a springboard for Billabong (BBG.ASX) to complete its turnaround plan. 150% upside. Exclusive until 10:30 AM.
- Great Eagle Holdings: Under The Radar And Undervalued Hotel Operator, by Mike Arnold. Great Eagle (0041.HK) trades at a steeper than usual discount to NAV. 30%+ upside. Exclusive until 10:45 AM.
- Improving Housing And A Major Deal Make Louisiana-Pacific Much More Interesting, Stephen Simpson. An accretive deal and slowdown in the housing recovery trade form a nice entry point for LPX. 20% upside. Exclusive until 11:15 AM today.
- Torstar Shines Bright, by Saj Karsan. Short-term headwinds hurt both of the company's segments, but a fund manager thinks the longer-term story still offers a potential triple for shares. Exclusive until 2:45 PM today.
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Alpha-Rich long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- Wednesday, Helix Investment Research laid out the long case for SeaChange International, stating the market hasn't accounted for its growth prospects on the upside, while the company's cash hoard offers downside protection. The stock is +7.2% to date. Read article »
- On July 8, Devon Shire explained why TriOil Resources (TOL.V) was greatly undervalued, with recent deals auguring well for the company's pending sale. The stock is +21.8% since. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA Pro dashboard during market hours today for the latest Alpha-Rich ideas. Have a great weekend.
SA Pro Editors
The SA Pro team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Rachael Granby (Editorial Product Manager), Daniel Shvartsman, Samir Patel, Michael McDonald, and Jeffrey Fischer (Senior Pro Editors). You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.