This is a copy of the SA Pro Top Long And Short Ideas daily report sent exclusively to Pro subscribers on Wednesday, September 11. It was made fully available on Seeking Alpha twenty-four hours later.
Dear SA Pro subscriber,
This is your daily report for Wednesday, September 11, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA Pro subscribers.
Exclusive Alpha-Rich Ideas
- A More Focused Sulzer Should Be A Better Sulzer, by Stephen Simpson. Either management will get its house in order or a buyout looms, with 25% upside in either case. Exclusive until 9:30 AM today.
- Nintendo Is Set To Collapse With Apple's Help, by Douglas Ehrman. iOS 7's enabling of game controllers may take a bite out of Nintendo's high-performing 3DS. 20-30% downside possible. Exclusive until 9:45 AM today.
- Interface, Inc: Secular Shift To Carpet Tile Creates 40% Upside, by Shaun Currie. Carpet tiles are big business for this well-diversified company. 40% upside possible. Exclusive until 10:00 AM today.
- William Hill's Multi-Channel Dominance Is Undervalued By The Market, by Fund Gurus. The company's recent sell-off offers a 20% discount on a strong operator in the rapidly growing online gambling arena. Exclusive until 10:15 AM today.
- E-Merge-Ing Opportunity, by Colin King. A huge Q2 sell-off may have been justified, but MRGE's long-term prospects are healthier than they appear. 50% upside. Exclusive until 10:30 AM.
- Paradise, Inc.: A Net-Net That Is Ripe For A Buy-Out, by Ariana Research. PARF's discount to net current assets offers a sweet deal for investors. 40% upside. Exclusive until 10:45 AM.
- Universal: Oversold And Pays Over 4% To Wait For 20% Recovery, Alpha Bet. UVV sold off on a bad crop report in August, offering investors a chance to get a discount on a best-in-class producer. Exclusive until 11:00 AM today.
- Is Tibco Dan Loeb's Next Pet Project?, by Akram's Razor. The market is assigning barely any value to TIBX's complementary suite of rapidly-growing big data real-time-analytics products. 50% upside. Exclusive until 11:15 AM today.
- Cheung Kong Holdings: A Classic Conglomerate Valuation Dilemma, by Junius. Cheung Kong (0001.HK) trades at a steep discount to book value, historic levels, or a sum of the parts valuation. 20-40% upside. Exclusive until 11:45 AM today.
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Alpha-Rich long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- Last Thursday, energy expert Steve Zachritz said Triangle Petroleum's recent deal was a bullish sign for the company, portending 40% upside. The stock is +23% since. Read article »
- On August 13, Stephen Simpson said Receptos's MS treatment had the potential for clinically meaningful activity for ulcerative colitis, which translated to 50% upside. Four weeks later, shares are +25.7%. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA Pro dashboard during market hours today for the latest Alpha-Rich ideas.
SA Pro Editors
The SA Pro team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Rachael Granby (Editorial Product Manager), Daniel Shvartsman, Samir Patel, Michael McDonald, and Jeffrey Fischer (Senior Pro Editors). You can reach us at email@example.com.