This is a copy of the SA Pro Top Long And Short Ideas daily report sent exclusively to Pro subscribers on Monday, September 16. It was made fully available on Seeking Alpha twenty-four hours later.
Dear SA Pro subscriber,
This is your daily report for Monday, September 16, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA Pro subscribers.
Top Comment Streams
One of Seeking Alpha's strengths is our commenter community, as smart investors and industry experts often add context or variant views to an article. As our top long and short ideas, our Alpha-Rich ideas often attract our best comment streams. Here are a few recent ideas that have led to actionable discussions:
- Ariana Research's bullish take on Murphy USA led to a back and forth about the company's model and long-term industry dynamics. Read comments »
- Saj Karsan's long case for Torstar drew out a bearish response from another Alpha-Rich contributor. Read comments »
- Brice McKalip's presentation of Imperial Holdings as a short idea led to a response from several insightful commenters, including Whopper Investments, who had previously written up the company as a long idea. Read comments »
- McDuck Capital's long case for Weight Watchers spurred a debate over the sustainability of the company's model and its moat as new app-fueled competition enters the picture, with both industry experts and WTW members weighing in. Read comments »
- Chris Demuth's case for Cooper Tire as a merger arbitrage play spawned a multi-pronged discussion about the various probabilities and twists surrounding the deal. Read comments »
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Alpha-Rich long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- Last Monday, Mike Arnold told Spark Networks' (LOV) story, saying the company's faith-based dating services and low valuation could beget 65% upside. The stock is +13.2% since. Read article »
- On July 5th, Alpha Bet said United Natural Foods (UNFI) had more room to run, with at least 20% upside as a result. After a big earnings report Friday, the stock is now +24.2% from when the article was published. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA Pro dashboard during market hours today for a bounty of new Alpha-Rich ideas.
SA Pro Editors
The SA Pro team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Rachael Granby (Editorial Product Manager), Daniel Shvartsman, Samir Patel, Michael McDonald, and Jeffrey Fischer (Senior Pro Editors). You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.