This is a copy of the SA Pro Top Long And Short Ideas daily report sent exclusively to Pro subscribers on Tuesday, September 17. It was made fully available on Seeking Alpha twenty-four hours later.
Dear SA Pro subscriber,
This is your daily report for Tuesday, September 17, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA Pro subscribers.
Exclusive Alpha-Rich Ideas
- Watch Out, Belo: 3 Reasons Shareholders May Demand A Better Deal, by Chris DeMuth Jr. The market drastically underestimates the probability of Gannett raising its offer for Belo. Exclusive until 9:30 AM today.
- NBG Takes Another Step On The Path To Recovery, by Stephen Percoco. NBG is a leveraged bet on the Greek/Eurozone recovery, and long-term investors could be rewarded. Exclusive until 9:45 AM today.
- Top Image Systems - It Can Be Bought For A Song, by Igor Novgorodtsev. TISA's intellectual property, blue-chip customer base, and well-differentiated product offerings make it a great acquisition target. Exclusive until 10:00 AM today.
- Signet Jewelers: Outlet Malls, Ultra Acquisition, And Macro Tailwinds Fuel Extraordinary Growth, by Bishop Research Analytics. Confusion over Signet's Q2 has offered investors this gem at a bargain price. 100% upside over the next 18 months. Exclusive until 10:15 AM today.
- Major Drilling: A 'Major' Global Metals Driller Trading Near Book Value, by Dennis Beaudet. MDI.TO has a strong balance sheet and industry leadership, offering a possible double. Exclusive until 10:30 AM today.
- Xyratex: High R&D Expense Masking True Value, by The Happy Investor. XRTX lost a key customer and R&D spending has depressed earnings, but the investments look set to pay off. 20-40% upside. Exclusive until 10:45 AM today.
- Magnetek: Levered Equity Provides Compelling Long Opportunity, by Nick Ghattas. MAG is still woefully mispriced due to the company's unfortunate capital structure. 75-150% upside. Exclusive until 11:00 AM today.
- Pulse Seismic: A Free Cash Flow Machine Disguised By Accounting, by Steven Reiman. Despite soaring 80% since Steven Reiman wrote it up in July 2012, Pulse still has the potential for seismic upside. Exclusive until 11:15 AM today.
- Hooker Furniture Is On Sale: 20% Off While Supplies Last, by Alpha Bet. HOFT is set up to outpace conservative estimates for the next few quarters. 25% upside possible. Exclusive until 11:30 AM today.
- Cascade Microtech: Undervalued Amidst A Global Semiconductor Recovery, by Helix Investment Research. Incentivized insiders and a cash-rich balance sheet make CSCD a great way to play the recovery in semis. 45% upside possible. Exclusive until 11:45 AM today.
- No Gambling Necessary When Investing In Lakes Entertainment, by Mike Arnold. The market has yet to fully register LACO's recent receipt of a major debt payment. 35% upside. Exclusive until 12:00 PM today.
- Manitou Looks Like A Hidden Gem In France, by Stephen Simpson. Under-followed Manitou's potential for margin growth and share gains in the US and emerging markets are being overlooked. 40% upside. Exclusive until 2:00 PM today.
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Alpha-Rich long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- Thursday, Douglas Ehrman said Rare Element Resources was lagging an inflection point in its sector and had 33% upside. The stock is most of the way there already, at +24.2% to date. Read article »
- Gastar Exploration (GST) has continued to move higher since Josh Young laid out his full thesis as an Alpha-Rich idea in June. The stock is +74.5% to date. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA Pro dashboard during market hours today for the latest Alpha-Rich ideas.
SA Pro Editors
The SA Pro team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Rachael Granby (Editorial Product Manager), Daniel Shvartsman, Samir Patel, Michael McDonald, and Jeffrey Fischer (Senior Pro Editors). You can reach us at email@example.com.