- Over a decade, Weight Watchers (WTW) has grown market share from 18% to 43% of the US weight loss service industry. This time period has included the largest recession in history.
- Over a decade, Weight Watchers' ROIC and CFROI have exceeded cost of capital. The large sustained ROIC returns suggest that Weight Watchers has a high probability of sustaining higher returns compared to their peers.
- Weight Watchers' franchise purchases have been accretive to the tune of 3-4x carrying value.
- Weight Watchers has and continues to own the lion's share of industry profits.
- Weight Watchers has a differentiated service, enjoys scale advantages and owns a significant trust worthy brand.
In a previous Alpha-Rich article, I described...
Only subscribers can access this article, which is part of the PRO research library covering 3,611 different stocks.
Growing numbers of fund managers and other investment professionals subscribe to Seeking Alpha PRO for equity research that is unavailable elsewhere, so they can: