This is a copy of the SA Pro Top Long And Short Ideas daily report sent exclusively to Pro subscribers on Tuesday, October 1. It was made fully available on Seeking Alpha twenty-four hours later.
Dear SA Pro subscriber,
This is your daily report for Tuesday, October 1, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA Pro subscribers.
Exclusive Alpha-Rich Ideas
- CyberOptics: Exit From Cyclical Low Presents A Window Of Opportunity, by Money Trees. With a significantly broadened product offering coming out of the semi trough, cash-rich CYBE is well-positioned. 50-100% upside. Exclusive until 9:30 AM today.
- Does The Best Brookfield Come In A Small Box?, by Mike Arnold. Trading well below NAV, BOXC shares have substantial appreciation potential. Exclusive until 9:45 AM today.
- Chimera Investment - Overlooked Housing Play With Substantial Upside, by Chris Karlin. A long delay in filing financials has cast a cloud over CIM, leaving its portfolio of MBS trading at a substantial discount to probable realizable value. Exclusive until 10:00 AM today.
- Hain Celestial: Did Carl Icahn Call The Top?, by William Lucas. Organic giant HAIN's growth is largely inorganic and hence unsustainable argues buysider William Lucas. 50% downside. Exclusive until 10:15 AM today.
- Avalon Is A Rare Opportunity For A 35% Returnby Douglas Ehrman. After calling REE's big move, Douglas Ehrman sees a similar opportunity in AVL. Exclusive until 10:30 AM today.
- Hospira: Regulatory Woes, Pipeline, And Potential Takeout Offer Asymmetric Multi-Bagger Opportunity, by Buddy Lyons. HSP's shares have been held back by abnormal earnings and regulatory issues, but biotech expert Buddy Lyons says triple-digit upside looms. Exclusive until 10:45 AM today.
- Violin Memory Looks Like A Short, by Ashraf Eassa. VMEM is an overvalued high performance flash storage play with high expenses and low earnings says tech expert Eassa. 35% downside. Exclusive until 11:00 AM today.
- Data Group, Inc.: Time To Grab This 19% Dividend Yield, by Steven Reiman. DGI.TO has suffered through dividend cuts, but with stable revenue, free cash flow, and new growth and cost initiatives, an opportunity exists. Exclusive until 11:15 AM today.
- Lionsgate: Satiating Shareholders As The Hunger Games Approach, by Helix Investment Research. Trading at a discount to historic multiples despite this year's big move and major pending catalysts, LGF has 20% upside. Exclusive until 11:30 AM today.
- Despite Its Recent Share Price Spike, Gran Tierra Offers Considerable Upside, by Caiman Valores. LatAm expert Caiman Valores, who called Petrominerales' move, says GTE still has a ways to go to reach fair value. 30% upside. Exclusive until 11:45 AM today.
- Lumber Liquidators: Unsustainable Valuation For A No-Moat Business, by Ariana Research. With LL's valuation discounting perfect performance and a bevy of headwinds and bad news, the shares could have 50% downside. Exclusive until 12:00 PM today.
- Interactive Brokers: Looking For A New Broker, I Found A Compelling Investment, by Mike Arnold. Exclusive until 12:15 PM today. IBKR's best of class brokerage service and the liquidation potential of its other business leaves the company's shares with 20-30% upside.
- Brian Langis still likes the long-term story for Dollarama even after it reached the low end of his target range. Read update »
- Pendulum sees Chefs' Warehouse's recent secondary offering as another bullish sign, as the new funds will fuel further growth. Read update »
Let us know what other Alpha-Rich ideas you'd to see updates on by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Alpha-Rich long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- Thursday, Mike Arnold said Brookfield Office Properties was trading at an unreasonable discount and was a good way to play real estate. After the company's parent company offered to buy it out, the shares closed +12.3% from when Arnold's article came out. Read first article »
- On July 2, Caiman Valores argued short-term issues had created an 80% upside opportunity for Petrominerales shares. With Pacific Rubiales Energy offering to buy out the company yesterday, Petrominerales shares are +101.3% to date. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA Pro dashboard during market hours today for the latest Alpha-Rich ideas.
SA Pro Editors
The SA Pro team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Rachael Granby (Editorial Product Manager), Daniel Shvartsman, Samir Patel, Michael McDonald, and Jeffrey Fischer (Senior Pro Editors). You can reach us at email@example.com.