• Bankruptcy and years of losses has totaled over $2 billion in deferred tax assets and management's focus on profitability will unlock deferred tax asset over the next 20 years
• Huge pension deficit is disappearing as interest rate/discount rate rises
• Liquidation value with another 100 bps increase in pension discount rate would mean liquidation valued downside of only 6%
• Management agrees the company is undervalued and bought back $67 million worth of shares in 2012 and has another $33 million available to buyback.
• Industry is in cyclical downturn and paper is in secular decline, but rising housing starts, better pricing inputs and cost saves will add significantly to RFP's EBITDA
• Trading significantly below...
Only subscribers can access this article, which is part of the PRO research library covering 3,613 different stocks.
Growing numbers of fund managers and other investment professionals subscribe to Seeking Alpha PRO for equity research that is unavailable elsewhere, so they can: