This is a copy of the SA Pro Top Long And Short Ideas daily report sent exclusively to Pro subscribers on Thursday, October 3. It was made fully available on Seeking Alpha twenty-four hours later.
Dear SA Pro subscriber,
This is your daily report for Thursday, October 3, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA Pro subscribers.
Pro Research On Demand
As subscribers to Seeking Alpha Pro, you have exclusive access to top ideas and research on a vast range of stocks. We can also provide personalized research, publishing articles on the stocks you're interested in.
Let us know which other tickers you'd like to see covered by Seeking Alpha Pro contributors by sending an email to email@example.com.
Exclusive Alpha-Rich Ideas
- Forget BlackBerry: Watsa's Resolute Forest Products Investment Gets More Bang For Your Buck, by McDuck Capital. The market is missing the forest for the trees on RFP's shares, which could double over coming years. Exclusive until 9:30 AM today.
- Maple Leaf Foods Looks Like A Compelling Buy Amidst Its Restructuring, by Mike Arnold. Capable management and a steady business should steer MFI.TO through a successful turnaround. 40-50% upside. Exclusive until 9:45 AM today.
- Ubiquiti Offers Investors 25% Upside By Q1 Of 2014, by Inflection Point Investing. UBNT, up big this year, still has more upside. Margin expansion and new markets are pending catalysts. Exclusive until 10:00 AM today.
- Short CenturyLink: Look Past Stock Buybacks And Dividends For A 45% Return, by Stephen Lin. CTL's legacy issues will be difficult to overcome, leading to an attractive short. Exclusive until 10:15 AM today.
- RealD Still Has Farther To Fall - Get Out Now (And Short The Shares), by Follow The Data. The other side of the RLD trade argues that expensive growth and a vulnerable model will lead to 30-50% downside. Exclusive until 11:30 AM today.
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Alpha-Rich long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- On September 26, Akram's Razor said Financial Engines was lumped in with the wrong peer group and priced for impossible growth. The stock is -7.5% since. Read first article »
- On August 30, Stephen Simpson argued that Mattson Technology was poised to benefit from a cyclical upswing, leading to 35-50% upside. Just over a month later, the stock is +35.2%. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA Pro dashboard during market hours today for the latest Alpha-Rich ideas.
SA Pro Editors
The SA Pro team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Rachael Granby (Editorial Product Manager), Daniel Shvartsman, Samir Patel, Michael McDonald, and Jeffrey Fischer (Senior Pro Editors). You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.