This is a copy of the SA Pro Top Long And Short Ideas daily report sent exclusively to Pro subscribers on Tuesday, October 8. It was made fully available on Seeking Alpha twenty-four hours later.
Dear SA Pro subscriber,
This is your daily report for Tuesday, October 8, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA Pro subscribers.
- CEVA 40% Upside, Shares Have Limited Downside Risk, by Ashraf Eassa. Even with lower projected growth, cash-rich CEVA has a bright future, as the recent sell-off offers a buying opportunity. Exclusive until 9:30 AM today.
- Magyar Telekom: T-Mobile Of Hungary Trades At A 35% Discount And Yields 15%, by Alpha Bet. Magyar's stock has dropped due to confusion and macro issues, but the stock trades at a deep discount to book value. Exclusive until 9:45 AM today.
- Forest Oil: Disappointing Asset Sale Raises Valuation Concerns, by Richard Zeit. FST's asset sale has left the cupboard looking bare. The company could see shares drop 25-45% more. Exclusive until 10:00 AM today.
- Charter Financial: Post-Second Step Convert Trading Below Its Tangible Book Value, by Ariana Research. CHFN's conversion to a thrift bank should help unlock its true earning potential. 15% discount to book and significant potential beyond that. Exclusive until 10:15 AM today.
- Buru Energy: Catalysts Converging For Significant Upside, Street Smart Investor. BRU.AX has started a move up, but has significant catalysts looming that could drive further upside. 25% upside. Exclusive until 11:45 AM today.
- Parex: This Colombian Small-Cap Oil Explorer And Producer Is Set To Double In Value, by Caiman Valores. PXT.TO has grown reserves and production significantly, and still has plenty of catalysts to drive share value. 100% upside. Exclusive until 12:15 PM today.
- Web.com: No Spider Will Save This Web, by Renzo Dancourt. Buysider Renzo Dancourt sees too many holes in WWWW's model to support its lofty valuation. 50% downside. Exclusive until 12:30 PM today.
- Fortress Paper: High Yield Paper Made Cheap (And Safe), by Stilian Morrison. FTP.TO's debentures trade at a high yield but are well-covered. The company's fortunes could make the paper a strong investment. Exclusive until 2:30 PM today.
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Alpha-Rich long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- On September 27, Saj Karsan said Universal Security Instruments trades at less than the value of current assets with a JV thrown in for free, making an extraordinary risk-reward. The shares are +12.2% since. Read article »
- On June 18, Richard Zeits wrote up the bullish case for Penn Virginia, arguing a recent deal could drive 100% upside. The stock is +56.7% to date. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA Pro dashboard during market hours today for the latest Alpha-Rich ideas.
SA Pro Editors
The SA Pro team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Rachael Granby (Editorial Product Manager), Daniel Shvartsman, Samir Patel, Michael McDonald, and Jeffrey Fischer (Senior Pro Editors). You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.