This is a copy of the SA Pro Top Long And Short Ideas daily report sent exclusively to Pro subscribers on Monday, October 21. It was made fully available on Seeking Alpha twenty-four hours later.
Dear SA Pro subscriber,
This is your daily report for Monday, October 21, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA Pro subscribers.
Alpha-Rich Ideas Earnings Reports
Earnings season revs up this week. The following Alpha-Rich ideas are featured this week:
- Aware Inc. is scheduled to report its earnings Monday. Helix Investment Research said the company's true profitability would power shares higher. Read article »
- PLX Technology reports earnings after the close. Ashraf Eassa highlighted the company's new focus and potential in July. Read article »
- Eagle Bancorp also releases its earnings after the close. Stephen Simpson described how the bank could be a long-term love story. Read article »
- Access National is scheduled to report earnings. Intangible Valuation said the banks high return on equity and earnings power was not fully appreciated by the market. Read article »
- Altera reports after the close Tuesday. Ashraf Eassa pegged the company as a buy in August. Read article »
- Mattson Technology also reports after the close. Stephen Simpson called for 35-50% upside for the company as a cyclical upswing kicked in. Read article »
- Allied World Assurance reports its earnings after Wednesday's close. Insurance executive Ashleigh Rogers said the company had 20% upside with low risk in September. Read article »
- Stericycle reports after the close Wednesday as well. Buysider Nathan Hamilton said the company was still in the middle innings of its growth story in September. Read article »
- Lumber Liquidators reports its earnings Wednesday morning. Ariana Research said the company's high valuation and lack of a moat left it vulnerable to a share price decline. Read article »
- Posco Steel is scheduled to report its earnings Thursday. ROIC1 said the steel giant had plenty of upside over the coming years and a margin of safety. Read article »
- CyberOptics reports after Thursday's close. Money Trees said the company's exit from a cyclical low offered a window of opportunity for investors. Read article »
- Silicon Motion reports after the close as well. Ashraf Eassa has remained bullish on the company since citing the long-term opportunity in July. Read article »
- Legg Mason reports earnings Friday morning. Mike Williams tabbed the company for 65% upside in August. Read article »
- Weyerhauser also reports Friday morning. Dane Bowler argued that the company was irrationally cheap in August. Read article »
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Alpha-Rich long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- Thursday, EnhydrisPECorp said the pending review Vanda's key drug offered a short opportunity whether the drug wins approval or not. The stock is -20.3% since. Read article »
- On August 27, Mike Arnold uncovered Steinhoff International Holdings' 36% discount to NAV despite a robust, well-diversified operating model and suggested going long. The stock is +38.4% to date. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA Pro dashboard during market hours today for the latest Alpha-Rich ideas, including a mutual holding company thrift and a pair of energy plays.
SA Pro Editors
The SA Pro team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Rachael Granby (Editorial Product Manager), Daniel Shvartsman, Michael McDonald, and Jeffrey Fischer (Senior Pro Editors). You can reach us at email@example.com.