This is a copy of the SA Pro Top Long And Short Ideas daily report sent exclusively to Pro subscribers on Tuesday, October 22. It was made fully available on Seeking Alpha twenty-four hours later.
Dear SA Pro subscriber,
This is your daily report for Tuesday, October 22, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA Pro subscribers.
Exclusive Alpha-Rich Ideas
- Kearny Financial - Safe NJ Thrift, Easy Double, by AlphaGen. KRNY trades very cheaply to tangible book when considering its MHC status. Exclusive until 9:30 AM today.
- Fugro: Surveying Sustainable Value Creation At An Attractive Price, by McDuck Capital. FUR.AS took a hit due to past management and accounting issues, but the long-term story is still intact. 30% upside. Exclusive until 9:45 AM today.
- Canadian Apartment Properties REIT: Become A Landlord Without The Hassle, by Mike Arnold. CAR.UN.TO has new properties flowing into its FFO and has a strong competitive position. 25% upside. Exclusive until 10:00 AM today.
- Whiting Petroleum Offers 40%+ Upside For Risk-Tolerant Investors, Caiman Valores. WLL has made a big move, but growing production and promising exploration prospects should continue to drive shares higher. Exclusive until 10:15 AM today.
- Clayton Williams: Leveraged To Momentum In 2 Top Oil Plays, by Richard Zeits. Recent developments for CWEI have driven the share price higher, but they've also strengthened the story significantly. Exclusive until 10:30 AM today.
- Dragon Oil: Cash-Rich Company With A Minimum 30% Upside Potential, by Street Smart Investor. DGO.L trades at cheap forward multiples. Easing regional tensions, rising production, and a strong cash position should send the company's shares higher. Exclusive until 10:45 AM today.
- Goodrich Petroleum: Transformation Underway, by Richard Zeits. A flurry of news last week - accelerating development, fresh cash, and a potential asset sale - signals a buying opportunity for GDP shares. Exclusive until 11:00 AM today.
- Wi-Lan: An Undervalued IP Licensing Company With 50% Upside And A 4% Dividend, by Dennis Beaudet. WILN trades cheaply compared to peers despite a string of settlement wins and good news, a strong cash balance, and several looming catalysts. Exclusive until 11:15 AM today.
- ALJ Regional Holdings' New Acquisition Unlocks Value, by Whopper Investments. ALJJ's recent acquisition likely came at a cheap price, and deployable NOLs could create serious shareholder value. Exclusive until 11:30 AM.
- OncoMed's Cancer Stem Cell Therapies Could Provide Outsized Gains For Investors, by BPD Research. OMED's diverse but focused pipeline could lead to big gains after a choppy initial trading period. 40-50% upside. Exclusive until 12:15 PM today.
- Yuanxi Zhang says now that NTS Realty Holdings' go-private deal is off, the shares still offer a ripe short opportunity. Read update »
- Nigel Stevenson follows up on Mike Arnold's article on Great Eagle with a sum of the parts valuation of the Hong Kong holding company and finds significant upside. Read update »
- Ashraf Eassa revisits Ultratech after a rough quarter and finds that the stock may be dead money for a few months. Read update »
Let us know what other Alpha-Rich ideas you'd to see updates on by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Alpha-Rich long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- Friday, Inflection Point Investing said iCAD was approaching a pivotal inflection point that could lead to a multi-bagger opportunity. The stock is +26.4% since. Read article »
- On August 6, Money Trees said Vecima Networks' operational performance and cash generation could mean 35% upside. The company's Canadian shares are +26.4% to date.Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA Pro dashboard during market hours today for the latest Alpha-Rich ideas, including another community bank idea and housing-related play.
SA Pro Editors
The SA Pro team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Rachael Granby (Editorial Product Manager), Daniel Shvartsman, Michael McDonald, and Jeffrey Fischer (Senior Pro Editors). You can reach us at email@example.com.