Mastercard International cites three reasons why China offers huge opportunities for low-cost airlines.
- China has a large airspace
- It has a massive domestic market
- It allows easy connections with the rest of Asia
According to the report, about 70% of China's 780 domestic routes are
suitable for low-cost carriers, but the country's aviation industry has
yet to capitalize on its potential.
Of course, China also comes with its own set of problems including:
- A lack of basic transport infrastructure
- An overly regulated market.