This is a copy of the SA Pro Top Long And Short Ideas daily report sent exclusively to Pro subscribers on Thursday, October 24. It was made fully available on Seeking Alpha twenty-four hours later.
Dear SA PRO subscriber,
This is your daily report for Thursday, October 24, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA PRO subscribers.
Exclusive Alpha-Rich Ideas
- Markel: Baby Berkshire Is On Sale, by Eliot Murray. MKL's steady insurance business and stellar investment track record, offers an exciting opportunity in a quiet industry. 100% upside. Exclusive until 9:30 AM today.
- Reitmans Is Very Cheap, by Saj Karsan. RET.A.TO sits near 5-year lows due to recent struggles, but strong free cash flow and regression potential for margins suggest major upside. Exclusive until 9:45 AM today.
- Lindsay Corp.: Irrigating The Emerging Markets With A Modest Valuation, by Kerrisdale Capital Management. Kerrisdale Capital sees 50% upside in Lindsay's industry leadership and international opportunity. Exclusive until 10:00 AM today.
- Salamander Energy: A Multi-Bagger Producer Waiting Its Turn In A 'Show-Me' Market, by Value Digger. SMDR.L is trading cheaply due to misunderstanding over 2012's results. Triple-digit upside as production continues to grow. Exclusive until 10:15 AM today.
- Issuer Direct: Crucial Acquisition Creates Runway For Growth, by BuyTheDipsSellTheRips. Financial compliance firm ISDR has made a recent acquisition that the market hasn't registered yet. 70% upside. Exclusive until 10:30 AM today.
- Awilco Drilling Is The World's Most Undervalued Company, by Harry Long. A high yield, rates that are contractually obligated to rise, and a low valuation mean shares could double. Exclusive until 10:45 AM today.
- Buddy Lyons checked in on Forest Labs after the company's earnings report and said the reward:risk ratio was still 2:1 despite a jump in share price. Read update »
- EnhydrisPECorp follows up Amit Ghate's short idea on Inovio, explaining why the opportunity is still there for downside. Read update »
- William Garrison follows up on RELM wireless, analyzing a few recent contract wins, and says that the long-term story is still intact though Q3 may show weakness. Read update »
- Dr. Hugh Akston updated the tender offer for AdCare's shares was cancelled, confirming the fund manager's short thesis on the stock. Read update »
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Alpha-Rich long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- On October 8, Jeffrey Dow Jones said Corning was priced with little risk and had exposure to a number of opportunities that might drive shares higher. The stock is +24.1% since. Read article »
- On August 28, Jonathan Rossman said ITT Educational's strong performance, despite negative industry sentiment, low analyst expectations and a high short interest, could lead to big returns for longs. The shares are +28.2% to date. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA PRO dashboard during market hours today for the latest Alpha-Rich ideas.
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO Editorial team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Rachael Granby (Editorial Product Manager), Daniel Shvartsman, Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at email@example.com.