The Dow Jones BRIC China 15 Index represents the "15 leading companies whose primary operations are in mainland China but whose stocks trade on the exchanges of Hong Kong and the U.S. Eligible stocks include H shares, ADRs/ADSs and U.S.-listed only stocks."
The stocks in this index are selected based on liquidity and size. The dividend yield of this index was 17.94% as of November 30, 2009. Financials represent about 40% of the index.
The top 10 components of the Dow Jones BRIC China 15 Index are:
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Ltd. (OTCPK:IDCBF)
- China Construction Bank Corp. (OTCPK:CICHF)
- China Life Insurance Co. Ltd. (LFC)
- Bank of China Ltd. (OTCPK:BACHF)
- PetroChina Co. Ltd. (PTR)
- China Shenhua Energy Co. Ltd. (OTCPK:CSUAY)
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. (SNP)
- Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. of China Ltd. (OTC: PNGAY)
- China Merchants Bank Co. Ltd. H (OTCPK:CIHHF)
- Bank of Communications Co. Ltd
PetroChina, China Life Insurance and China Petroleum & Chemical Corp are the only stocks that trade on the New York Stock Exchange. PetroChina is a long-term growth stock. PetroChina bought a 45% stake in Singapore Petroleum Co. earlier this year.