The Dow Jones BRIC Brazil 15 Index represents 15 of the largest and most liquid stocks traded on the Bovespa stock exchange of Brazil.
In US dollar terms, the index had an exceptional performance this year. As of November 30th, the index is up nearly 136%. In terms of the Brazilian Real it is up about 77%. Last year this index lost 56%.
The Top 10 Components of the Dow Jones BRIC Brazil 15 Index:
- Petroleo Brasileiro (NYSE:PBR)
- Vale S.A. (NYSE:VALE)
- Itau Unibanco Holding S.A. (NYSE:ITUB)
- Banco Bradesco S/A (NYSE:BBD)
- OGX Petroleo e Gas Participacoes S/A (OTCPK:OGXPY)
- Itausa-Investimentos Itau S/A
- Banco do Brasil S/A (OTCPK:BDORY)
- Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (ABV)
- Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (NYSE:SID)
- BM&F Bovespa S/A Bolsa de
- Valores Mercadorias e Futu
Banco do Brasil (OTCPK:BDORY) is controlled by the federal government. It is the oldest bank in Brazil and was founded in 1808. The DR program was started this month. Each ADR represents one common share and trades on the OTC market. Others such as PBR, VALE, BBD, and ITUB are some of the popular Brazilian stocks preferred by investors worldwide.