Dear SA PRO subscriber,
This is your daily report for Wednesday, November 6, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA PRO subscribers.
Exclusive Alpha-Rich Ideas
- Medical Action Industries' Operational Turnaround Could Mean Big Upside For Shareholders, by Weighing Machine. MDCI management has effected a turnaround, but the change is still in the early innings. 100% upside. Exclusive until 9:30 AM today.
- IBI Group: Cheap Debt That's Covered By Current Assets, by Saj Karsan. IBG.DB trades at a discount, but with stabilizing operations and little other debt due in the next year, it shouldn't. 40% upside. Exclusive until 9:45 AM today.
- AVG Belongs Both In Your Computer And Your Portfolio, by Micro and Small Cap Reporter. Recent bad news has taken a bite out of AVG's shares, but the company is performing well and fears are overdone. 50% upside. Exclusive until 3:00 PM today.
- Richard Zeits follows up on Forest Oil after the company's Q3 results, saying the company is still fighting an uphill battle. Read update »
- BuyTheDipsSellTheRips follows up on a separate Alpha-Rich idea at Brazil Fast Food Corp, saying the recent buyout is a lowball offer, creating a special situation opportunity. Read update »
- Tristan R. Brown updated the short case on Biofuel Energy after the company exited the corn ethanol business, saying the persistence of negative equity is likely to continue. Read update »
- Shaun Currie said that Vitamin Shoppe's quarterly earnings is a big confirmation of the long investment thesis. Read update »
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Alpha-Rich long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- Monday, Alpha Vulture explained how Solitron was on the brink of significant value creation, with activist investors serving as a key prod. The stock is +11.1% since. Read article »
- On September 30, Ashraf Eassa said Violin Memory's initial valuation was too optimistic, leading to a strong short play. The stock is -20.8% to date. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA PRO dashboard during market hours today for the latest Alpha-Rich ideas.
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO Editorial team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Rachael Granby (Editorial Product Manager), Daniel Shvartsman, Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.