• Skreem Entertainment Corporation announced that it has entered the China online video game industry. Through its Korean subsidiary, Weaver Interactive, Inc., it has entered into a joint venture with TOM Online (TOMO) to launch their games in China. Skreem will be part of an industry valued at more than US$900 million. The Company will be operating alongside such gaming giants as Electronic Arts, Inc. (ERTS), Shanda (SNDA), THQ, Inc. (THQI), and Netease (NTES) whose stock doubled within the past twelve months. Nearly one-third of China's estimated 120 million Internet users are game players. The Chinese government is working to have 150 million online by 2010. Weaver has offices in China and Japan and will be sending teams to enter markets in Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand and India during 2007. The Company is on target to hit or surpass its US$70 million by 2010. Skreem Entertainment Corporation is an international publicly traded entertainment company based in Orlando Florida, and is a creator and provider of multi-platform music and video entertainment content.
Media, Entertainment and Gaming
• Hurray! Holding Co., Ltd. (HRAY), a leader in wireless music distribution and other wireless value added services, artist development and music production, and wireless value-added services management software in China, announced the release of a new mobile game which features Huayi Brothers's latest movie ''The Banquet.'' ''The Banquet'' is an Action Role Playing Game [ARPG] set in the 10th century in China, where prince Wu Luan searches for the truth while escaping from his assassins. The company also provides a wide range of other wireless value-added services to mobile users in China, including games, pictures and animation, community, and other media and entertainment services. In addition, Hurray! is a leader in artist development, music production and offline and online distribution in China through its majority controlled record labels Huayi Brothers Music and Hurray! Freeland Music.
• CDC Games, a business unit of CDC Corporation (CHINA) announced that it has signed an exclusive distribution license in China for the online game, The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar, the official online game based on the original literary works of J.R.R. Tolkien. The agreement is between CDC Games and the developer of the game, Turbine, Inc., a premier developer, publisher and operator of online subscription entertainment in the U.S. Under the deal, CDC Games and Turbine, will work together to localize the game for the China market with an expected launch in 2007. CDC Games has already established a strong foundation of loyal gamers with Yulgang, the company's current blockbuster online game in China. The CDC family of companies includes CDC Software (enterprise software applications and services), CDC Mobile (mobile applications), CDC Games (online games), and China.com (portals for the greater China markets). CDC Mobile is the wholly owned subsidiary of China.com Inc and is focused on providing MVAS products to subscribers in China.
• ALONG Mobile Technologies Inc. (OTC:AGMB), a leading provider of wireless interactive entertainment products and services in China, announced that it will sign a strategic cooperation agreement with UMPAY Union Mobile Pay Ltd. [UMPAY], the sole authorized mobile phone payment gateway on China Mobile's (CHL) platform, to jointly develop and market bank card, debit card and credit card-based mobile phone payment products and services in China. UMPAY's key shareholders include China Mobile, the world's largest mobile phone carrier with more than 230 million subscribers, and China Union Pay, a national payment network set up by a consortium of more than 100 banks and with a total of more than 800 million bankcard users in China. Under the agreement, ALONG will be the wireless payment portal company partner of UMPAY and will work with UMPAY to offer more comprehensive mobile payment products and services. Relying on its vast community terminal network and wireless resources, including its wireless user base of more than one million, ALONG will help further expand UMPAY's merchant and user base to accelerate the adoption of this secure and convenient mobile phone payment service. ALONG Mobile Technologies, INC. designs, produces, publishes, manufactures, provides and distributes proprietary wireless entertainment applications such as ring-tones, games, images, videos and e-books to its customers.
• PacificNet Inc. (PACT-OLD), a leading provider of Customer Relationship Management [CRM], ecommerce and gaming technology in China announced that its subsidiary, PacificNet iMobile, has entered into a new agreement with Motorola (MOT) to become a designated channel partner and after-sale service provider of Motorola’s mobile products and accessories in China. The new agreement with Motorola states that PacificNet's iMobile is the designated platform for all after-sales channels of Motorola accessories in China. It also states that all after-sales service providers of Motorola will use iMobile's portal as a reference guide for pricing accessories. PacificNet's iMobile has been designated as an authorized service provider of Motorola for its Motorola Online Shop. iMobile is the leading Internet e-commerce distributor of mobile products in China providing Internet, email, customer service centers, pre and post sale services, logistics, and Cash-On-Delivery [COD] services of mobile related products to consumers in China. PacificNet's clients include the leading telecom companies, banks, insurance, travel, marketing, and business services, and telecom consumers, in Greater China, including China Telecom, China Mobile, Unicom, PCCW, Hutchison Telecom, Bell24, Motorola, Nokia, SONY, TCL, Huawei, American Express, Citibank, HSBC, Bank of China, Bank of East Asia, DBS, TNT, and the Hong Kong Government.
• Linktone Ltd. (LTON), a leading provider of wireless entertainment, media, and communication value added services to consumers in China, announced that the company made a strategic investment in Beijing Center National Radio Media, Ltd. [BCNRM], a nationwide advertising company. The company explained the move as part of its ongoing strategy to develop interactive programming with traditional media outlets such as television, radio, and print. BCNRM is the largest advertising agency for China National Radio-1 and 2, which boasts broadest audiences in China, the U.S., Hong Kong, and Macau. Linktone provides a diverse portfolio of services to wireless consumers, with a particular focus on media, entertainment and communications.
• Foundry Networks, Inc. (FDRY), a performance and total solutions leader for end-to-end switching and routing, announced that Baidu (BIDU), the leading Chinese language Internet search provider, deployed Foundry's 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) LAN and application switching solutions to meet their current and future traffic demands. Baidu's extensive network currently handles up to 50 percent of Internet search activities throughout China. Foundry Networks, Inc. is a leading provider of high-performance enterprise and service provider switching, routing, security, and web traffic management solutions.
• Teradata, a division of NCR Corporation (NCR) has announced that Companhia de Telecomunicacoes de Macau S.A.R.L. [CTM] is deploying a Teradata enterprise data warehouse [EDW] solution, with the first phase of implementation currently under way. The system will provide CTM with an integrated, stable and scalable data warehouse platform, enabling the company to derive business value from its historical data and to respond to market needs in real time. With Teradata EDW, it is expected to further strengthen its position as a modern information services provider. The system will provide the company with a single view of its business for customer data and more time to focus on data analysis instead of data manipulation. Macau's only full-service telecom provider, CTM is a world-class communications company that continues to play a major role in the ongoing development of Macau's infrastructure. Companhia de Telecomunicacoes de Macau S.A.R.L. is a joint venture of the international telecommunications giants: Cable and Wireless, Portugal Telecom, CITIC Pacific and Macau Post. Being the only full telecom service provider in Macau. CTM provides world-class telecom services to Macau, which includes fixed telephony, mobile, Internet and enterprise solutions. Teradata is a global technology leader in enterprise data warehousing, analytic applications and data warehousing services. NCR Corporation is a leading global technology company helping businesses build stronger relationships with their customers.
• iPackets International, Inc. (OTC:IPKL) a global developer and provider of wireless and communications solutions for the mine-safety industry, announced its signing of a Letter of Intent to establish a Chinese Joint Venture with China Coal Information Institute [CCII] and Henan YongAn Investment Guarantee Co. (YongAn). The joint venture will be responsible for the manufacturing, distribution, sales, marketing, installation, deployment, and support of iPackets' iPMine solution to the mining industry in China. The operation will be based in the province of Henan, China's second largest coal producing province. According to the agreement, YongAn will provide funding of up to US$50 million to the venture, and over 10,000 square meters of land to build and outfit a world-class manufacturing facility in Henan. Under the deal, CCII will provide professional services including product certification, sales and marketing, technical support, and market intelligence. iPackets will provide technology intellectual property, continued product development, technology direction, and technical knowledge transfer. The agreement is expected to be finalized in two months. China Coal Information Institute, a national research organization, is part of the newly established National Institute for Occupational Safety. YongAn is one of the first investment guarantee companies to be approved by the Chinese National Development and Reform Commission. iPMine is a real-time two-way wireless communications solution that tracks, monitors, and communicates with miners and equipment underground and above ground.
he following is excerpted from IRG's weekly stock report:
Source: Chinese Tech Stock Weekly Update