Once again it is time for a goals/progress update. I am pleased to report that annualized dividend income rose in December, extending the streak to 9 months after February 2009’s decline. Since I began publicly tracking annualized dividend income in November 2007, it has increased in 24 of the last 25 months.
|Div. Changes YTD||(483)||-0.43%|
The above information covers the current month and year-to-date through the current month.
For the month, annualized dividend income increased $252, and Yield on Cost (YOC) decreased (0.03%). This month’s changes were a net of new purchases and dividend changes (no sales). Let’s examine each of these categories:
Purchases: The $252 increase in annual dividend income and (0.02%) decrease in YOC related to the following purchases (yield at the time of purchase):
- $68 McDonald’s Corp. (NYSE:MCD) 3.61% [Analysis]
- $63 Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) 3.03% [Analysis]
- $121 Emerging Markets Debt (NYSEARCA:PCY) 6.26%
All the above purchases, except PCY, lowered my YOC. As noted in earlier updates, I generally expect YOC to drop each month since most new investments will yield less than my current YOC, and dividend increases will not be sufficient to offset it.
Dividend Changes: The $5 increase in annual dividend income and (0.01%) decrease in YOC related to the following dividend changes (a=dividend stated in annual terms, q=quarterly, m=monthly):
- ($3) Vanguard Inter. Bond ETF (NYSEARCA:BIV) $3.48a>$3.45a -0.01%
- ($2) iShares Invest Grade Bond (NYSEARCA:LQD) $5.74a>$5.71a 0.00%
- $2 Emerson Electric Co. (NYSE:EMR) $0.33q>$0.335q 0.00% [Analysis]
- $20 McDonald’s Corp. (MCD) $0.50q>$0.55q 0.01%
- ($17) Eaton Vance Global Dividend Fund (NYSE:ETO) $1.46m>$1.40m -0.01%
- $4 Emerging Markets Debt (PCY) $1.59m>$1.61m 0.00%
- $1 Vanguard Inter. Bond ETF (BIV) $3.45m>$3.47m 0.00%
Sales: There were no sales in this month.
I exceeded my revised estimate of annualized dividend income of $7,000. However, as anticipated, I fell short of my original goal of $8,000.
That’s it for this time. The next monthly progress update will be early February.