Overall, February's ETF Trend was more bullish than January's with all three major index ETFs gaining ground. Here are the quick take-aways from February:
- In contrast to January, Asian markets experienced the heavier selling in February, with Japan and Taiwan leading the weakness.
- January's standout was Regional Banks and February is no different with strength spreading to all financial; another month of gains (XLF, RKH, KRE)
- Energy and Commodity Based ETFs continued to show major weakness with XLE, XOP, OIH, UNG and SLV all showing losses.
- If any leaders emerge in Energy and Commodities, look towards Gold and Oil as GLD and USO were the a couple of the bright spots.
- With International and Global ETFs closing decisively bearish for a second month, we'll be watching if they lead major US indices lower.
- The strongest US sector is consumer discretionary, led by retailers (XRT).
Let me know in the comments below if you see anything else !
ETF Heatmap (1 Month Performance) – Click to Enlarge
Disclosure: Long XRT