Dear SA PRO subscriber,
This is your daily report for Thursday, January 2, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA PRO subscribers.
PRO Exclusive: What's New
- Alpha-Rich ideas will now be called Top Ideas. We believe the new name is a more accurate description of these articles.
- Top Ideas are our best long and short ideas.
- Subscribers get a 24-hour early look at these ideas as well as exclusive access to past Top Ideas in our research library.
If you have any feedback on this or other recent changes, please let us know at email@example.com.
Top Ideas' 2013 Performance
As we enter 2014, a few key statistics showing how Top Ideas performed in 2013:
- Of the 491 Top Long Ideas published in the second half of 2013, the average simple outperformance (not annualized) of a Top Idea was 2.55% above the return of the S&P 500.
- Over the same period, amidst rising markets and a challenging environment for short-sellers, 50% of the 56 Top Short Ideas were profitable positions as of December 31.
- Of 138 Top Ideas published from mid-November to year's end, the average return over the 24-hour embargo period immediately after publication was 2.71%.
- The average market capitalization of long Top Ideas was $3.5 billion, with small- and mid-cap coverage supplemented by our Research Library containing nearly 5,000 articles.
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Long and short Top Ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- On December 18, Saj Karsan highlighted Canadian telecom provider Tellza as a source of undiscovered growth at a very cheap price. The stock is +38.5% to date. Read article »
- The Critical Investor called out Tasman Metals as the best way to play the rare earths space on October 15. Shares are now +48.5% to date. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA PRO dashboard during market hours today for the latest Top Ideas.
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Daniel Shvartsman (Managing Editor), Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.