The Nut Shell
The Copper Mountain mine just south of Princeton in British Columbia, Canada, is the namesake for Copper Mountain Mining Corp. (OTCPK:CPPMF). This company operates the mine and controls a 75% interest in the asset, with strategic partner Mitsubishi Materials Corporation owning the remaining 25%.
The mine has been in production for two years now but has been plagued with a seemingly endless series of "teething problems." It is for this reason that the company has severely underperformed the sector as shown in the chart below. Copper Mountain has taken on significant debt, and the window of low repayment obligations will close in a couple of years.
Our analysis shows that pressure to lift the game...
Only subscribers can access this article, which is part of the PRO research library covering 3,592 different stocks.
Growing numbers of fund managers and other investment professionals subscribe to Seeking Alpha PRO for equity research that is unavailable elsewhere, so they can: