Direxion, a pioneer in ETFs that offer three times the leverage, is out again with six more funds, four of which are a bit of a changeup from the provider’s other ETFs: they give twice the daily leveraged performance on an index.
Direxion’s new funds are:
- Daily BRIC Bull 2x Shares (NYSE:BRIL)
- Daily India Bull 2x Shares (NYSEARCA:INDL)
- Daily Semiconductor Bull 3x Shares (NYSEARCA:SOXL)
- Daily BRIC Bear 2x Shares (NYSE:BRIS)
- Daily India Bear 2x Shares (NYSE:INDZ)
- Daily Semiconductor Bear 3x Shares (NYSEARCA:SOXS)
Many of the ETFs represent a departure from the norm for the ETF provider: the BRIC and India funds are the first to offer exposure to those economies, as well as the first funds Direxion offers that give twice the leveraged or inverse performance on an index. The semiconductor ETFs are the provider’s first to give triple leverage on that sector.
The timing of these launches aligns with the increasing investment popularity of both emerging markets – particularly the BRICs (Brazil, Russia, India and China) – as well as the technology sector, which has notched an impressive recovery off the market’s low one year ago.
Leveraged and inverse ETFs aren’t right for everyone; read up on how they work and understand the risks before diving in!